Remedies of Kalsarpa
Kalsarpa is also one of the wrongly assumed dreadful phenomena in astrology. If all the planets are placed in one side of Rahu and Ketu in a horoscope, then it is called Kal Sarpa Dosha. There are 12 types of Kal Sarpa dosha. Different types of remedies have been suggested to ward off the malefic effects of Kal Sarpa Dosha and no planet is posited outside Rahu Ketu axis.
It is Kala Sarpa Yoga when all the planets come to one side of Rahu and Ketu. It is Poorna Kala Sarpa Yoga when all the planets are in between Rahu and Ketu and no planet is posited outside Rahu/Ketu axis. It is Anshik Kala Sarpa Yoga when any of the planets is free from Rahu and Ketu. Planets in between Rahu and Ketu are unable to give their complete result - thus making the native a puppet in the hands of fate. He cannot get the better result of his deeds. He has to reap what he had sown in his previous birth and the following five types of misfortune keep him under their influence:
- He cannot get the absolute results of his labour or results are delayed.
- Delay in marriage and tension in married life.
- Delay in birth of a child and no help from children.
- Physical and mental weakness.
- Untimely death or agony at the time of death.
In fact, Rahu and Ketu are called shadowy planets. Lord Vishnu beheaded Rahu with his Sudarshan Chakra since he had taken nectar at the time of Samudra Manthan (churning of the ocean). But by consuming nectar, he had become Amar (immortal). The head of beheaded Rahu is called Rahu and the trunk is called Ketu. The Janma Nakshatra of Rahu is Bharani and that of Ketu it is Ashlesha. Kala is the deity of Bharani, the Janma Nakshatra of Rahu and Sarpa is of Ashlesha, the Janma Nakshatra of Ketu. This is why the Yoga created by the deities of Rahu and Ketu is called Kala Sarpa Yoga.
The influence of Kala Sarpa Yoga gets enhanced whenever a native, having this Yoga, falls in its major or sub period. Transit of Rahu and Ketu over natal Rahu-Ketu and Moon also makes this Yoga active.
There are twelve kinds of Kala Sarpa Yoga according to the positions of Rahu in twelve houses. These are as under:
- Anant Kala Sarpa Yoga
- Kulik Kala Sarp Yoga
- Vasuki Kala Sarp Yoga
- Shankhanad Kala Sarp Yoga
- Padma Kala Sarp Yoga
- Mahapadma Kala Sarp Yoga
- Takshaka Kala Sarp Yoga
- Karkotaka Kala Sarp Yoga
- Shankhachuda Kala Sarp Yoga
- Ghataka Kala Sarp Yoga
- Vishadhar Kala Sarp Yoga
- Sheshanaga Kala Sarp Yoga
If considered on the basis of signs, there are 12 signs and 12 Ascendants in the table of Ascendants. On this basis there are 144 Kala Sarp Yogas. Remedies of each Kala Sarp Yoga should be different from others.
Some important remedies are given below that can be helpful to the people having Kala Sarp Yoga in their horoscopes:
- Worship of Rahu and Ketu.
- Jap of Mantra of Rahu and Ketu.
- Perform Jap of Om Namah Shivaya for 21,000 times after lighting a lamp of mustard oil before Siddha Kala Sarp Yoga Yantra.
- Worship lord Krishna and perform Jap of Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya daily for 108 times.
- Recite Nava Nag Stotra.
- Offer water to Shivaling and worship Lord Shiva.
- Keep fast on sixteen Mondays.
- Worship snakes and offer them milk to drink.
- Worship Nag on the occasion of Nag Panchami.
- Consecrate lord Mahadeva for 30 days in the month of Shravana.
- Keep fast on Mondays in the month of Shravan. Fast on these four Mondays gives favourable results equal to that kept on 16 Mondays in the other months of the year.
- Worship lord Hanuman.
- Worship lord Ganesha and Goddess Saraswati.
- Remedies should be performed duly in the Kalahasti Shiva Temple near Tirupati Balaji to pacify Kala Sarp yoga.
- Offer a pair of silver Naga and Nagin or a copper snake to a Shivaling.
- Wear Gomed and Cat's eye studded in a single ring.
- Wear a snake like silver ring with Gomed and Cat's eye studded in it. (Locket or ring should be worn after performing Shodashopachar Pooja of Rahu and Ketu).
- Perform Shraddha of deceased ancestors (Pitars).
- Perform religious rites to get your ancestors (Pitars) salvaged (Act of Narayana Bali).
- Perform Jap of Mahamrityunjaya.
- Offer articles of Rahu and Ketu such as black sesame seeds (Til), oil, gold, black cloth, black and white blanket, musk, coconut etc. If the Yoga is much strong, then donate ten percent of your earnings. Serve poor and afflicted people and contemplate God.
- Remedies mentioned in Lal Kitab are adopted to pacify the effect of Kala Sarp Yoga according to the house of Rahu and Ketu.