Longevity as per Jaimini Method (Jaimini Ayurdaya).
This is the most popular method of longevity assessment. It helps us to work out the Ayukhanda of the person up to 80 % accuracy.
The life-span of the person is considered to be of 100 years. If hundred years are divided into three sections, each section becomes of 33 years.
Alpa-Ayu - 0 to 33 years
Madhya-Ayu - 33 to 66 years
Poorna-Ayu - 66 to 100 years
To decide the Ayu khanda of the person, three sets of factors are considered.
Lagnesh (Lagna Lord)
Ashtamesh (Eighth house Lord)
See it which types of signs these are placed - Char - Sthir or Dwiswabhava.
- Char Rashis - Aries- Cancer- Libra- Capricorn.
- Sthir Rashis - Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius.
- Dwiswabhava Rashis - Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces.
- If all the three sets are completely in Sthir Rashis then Alpa-Ayu is indicated.
- If one part of each set is in Char Rashi and the other is in Dwiswabhava rashi then also it shows Alpa-Ayu.
- If all the three sets are fully in Dwiswabhava Rashis, then Madhya - Ayu is indicated.
- If one part of each set is in Char and the other is in Sthir Rashi, then also it shows Madhya Ayu.
- If all the three sets are fully in Char Rashis then Poorna Ayu is indicated.
- If one part of each set is in Dwiswabhava Rashi and the other is in Sthir Rashi, then also it shows Poorna Ayu.
|Determination of Ayu-Khanda(Jaimini Method)|
|Consider Three Sets||Alpa-Ayu (0-33 Years)||Alpa-Ayu (33-66 or 70 Years)||Poorna-Ayu (Over 70 Years)|
- At least 2 sets must show the same Ayu to be accepted.
- If all the 3 sets show different ayus then, whatever the last set (Lagna and Hora lagna) shows is the final.
- If Moon is in lagna or in the seventh house accept the ayu indicated by lagna and Moon set.
- Some astrologers are of the opinion that Moon and Ayushkarak Saturn should be considered instead of Moon and Lagna.
- The ayu will depend on Haran and Bharan Sanskar, which has to be carried out on the ayu which has been determined by this method.
Kakshya HRAS (Reduction)
- If Saturn is Lagna lord or eighth lord and he is neither exalted nor in his own house and is not seeing by benefic then there is reduction of 1 kakshya.
- If eighth lord from Lagna or from Seventh house becomes atmakarak or conjoins with A.K. then there is reduction of one kakshya.
- When lagna or seventh house are in Papa kartari (hemmed between two malefic) or if malefic are in trines (1-5-9) from them, there is loss of 1 kakshya.
- If A.K. is malefic, and is debilitated or conjoined with malefic, there is loss of 1 kakshya.
- When the A.K. or Seventh therefrom has malefic or if either of them are in Papakartari or if malefic are in trines from either of them, then there is loss of a kakshya.
Note - 1 Kakshya is one level of longevity. The three kakshya are ALPA - Madhya - Poorna-Ayu.
Kakshya Vridhi (Addition)
- If A.K. is exalted or conjoined with Jupiter there is gain of 1 kakshya.
- When A.K. or seventh from it has benefic, or has benefic in Trikonas from if, there is gain of a 1 kakshya.
- If lagna or seventh house is in Shubha kartari or has benefic in trines from it, there is gain of 1 kakshya.
- If A.k. is a benefic, and is exalted or is conjoined with benefic, there is gain of 1 kakshya.
Computation of Hora Lagna
I. Parashar Hora Lagna (60% Accuracy)
- Note the local Sunrise on the date of birth.
- Find the difference between local sunrise and local birth time in hours and minutes. (Both these can also be taken in Indian standard time - I.S.T.)
- The hours become the completed sign.
- The minutes divided by 2 give the degrees.
Eg- If the difference between sunrise and Time of Birth is 10 hrs. 20 mints.
- Then completed signs are 10s - Capricorn.
- 20/2 = 10 are the degrees.
= Aquarius 10° or 10s10°
- If the Ascendant is odd (Visham), then add the Signs and degrees to the Longitude of Sun.
- If the Ascendant is even (Sama), then add the signs and degrees to the Longitude of the Ascendant (Lagna).
The Resultant is Parashar Hora Lagna.
DOB- 19.11.1917 TOB- 23hr 11 min. POB- Allahabad Sunrise - 6hr-23m-425 Sunset-17hr-12m-035
Parashar Hora Lagna
TOB - 23hrs - 11m - 00s
Sunrise - 6hrs - 23m - 42s
= 16hrs - 47m - 18s
- The hours are the completed rashis, the minutes divided by 2 are the degrees.
- The rashi in lagna is even rashi so, 4s-24° has to be added to the longitude of Lagna, to obtain the hora lagna.
Lagna = 3s 27° 56'
+ 4s 24° 00'
= 8s 21° 56'
Parashar Hora lagna is Dhanu 21°56'.
II. Vradhkarika Hora Lagna or Jaimini Hora Lagna (80% Accuracy)
- Note whether it is day birth or night birth. (From Sunrise to Sunset is day birth and from Sunset to Sunrise is night birth.)
- Dinman for day birth / Ratriman for night birth
= 1 Hora or Q-I (In ghati pala)
- Find Ishtakala (इष्टकाल)- [Ishtakala is the difference between sunrise and the Time of birth in ghati pala.
- Ishtakala = Q. II.
- Add I to Q-II (Q.II+1) = xsy°
This is the value to be counted from Lagna.
- If the lagna is even, the count the full value (xs) the Indirect way.
- If the lagna is odd then count the full value (xs) the direct way.
- The rashi derived in this manner will be Jaimini Hora Lagna.
Note: Hours and minutes can be converted into Ghati pala by multiplying them by 2.5.
Hrs & Mins x 2.5 = Ghati Pala.
Vradhkarika Hora Lagna (Jaimini)
It is night birth.
- So, Ratriman = 1 Hora or Ql.
Ratriman - Find the difference between Sunset and Sunrise next day. Multiply the hours and minutes by 2.5, to get Ratriman in ghatipala. Convert the palas into decimal.
- Ratriman = 33 ghati = 2.75 ghati = Q.I. (1 Hora)
- Find Ishtakala in Ghati pala.
= 41.97 gh.
= 15.26 = Q.II
15.26 + 1 = 16s.26o = 4s26 o
- The lagna is even, so the full Value will be counted indirectly. The Jaimini Hora lagna will be Aries.
24.00.00 hrs - Midnight
- 17.12.03 hrs - Sunset
= 6h 47m 57sec
+ 6. 24. 00 hrs Sunrise (Next day)
= 13h 11m 57sec
= 32gh - 59Pala - 53vipal (Convert into ghati pala)
= 33ghati (rounded off)
23h-11m-00s - T.O.B
- 6 - 23 - 42 - Sunrise
= 16h - 47m - 18s
= 41gh - 58Pala - 06vipal (Convert into ghati pala)
Indira Gandhi's Longevity by Jaimini Method
TOB- 23hr 11 min.
Sunrise - 6hr-23m-42s.
|Indira Gandhi's Ayu Khanda according to Jaimini Ayurdaya|
Hora Lagna (Parashar)
Hora Lagna (Jaimini)
- Majority of the factors indicate Poorna Ayu.
- Kakshya Hras and Vridhi have to be applied next.
- Saturn is the eighth lord from lagna and he is the Atmakarak, so there is loss of a Kakshya.
- Lagna is in Papakartari so there is loss of a kakshya.
- Seventh house from Atmakarak has benefic Moon, so there is gain of a kaksha.
Since a kakshya has been lost twice and it has been gained once. We can take the longevity to be Madhya-Ayu. Mrs. Indira Gandhi was killed on 31st October 1984 when she was almost 67 years old.