The birth anniversary of Nanak Dev Ji, the first religious leader of the 'Sikh' community, is celebrated on Kartik Purnima. The first Sikh Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born on Kartik Purnima at Raibhoy place.
In the year 2020, Guru Nanak Jayanti will be celebrated on 30 November. The Sikh community celebrates Guru Nanak Jayanti with vast enthusiasm and reverence. It is a festival like Diwali for them. Shabad-kirtans are performed in Gurdwaras on this day. Langars are organized at different places and Guruvani is recited.
Childhood of Guru Nanak Dev Ji
Guru Nanak was spiritual and knowledgeable since childhood. The stories of Guru Nanak's childhood are still very relevant today. Guruji's mind was certainly not in the worldly life, but he chose the path of spirituality without renunciation. He believed that human beings have no right to turn away from their duties as saints.
Principles of Guru Nanak Dev Ji
The principle of Guru Nanak Dev Ji is still relevant today by the followers of Sikhism, which are as follows:
- God is one.
- Worship the same God.
- God is present everywhere and in every living being.
- There is no fear of devotees who come in the shelter of God.
- Worship the lord with hard work.
- No innocent creatures or animals should be persecuted.
- Always be happy.
- Earning by honesty and perseverance, some part of the income should be donated to the needy.
- All human beings are equal, whether they are female or male.
- Food is necessary to keep the body healthy, but avoid greedy and greedy behavior.
Let us know how to celebrate this festival…
What to do in Morning on Prakash Parv
- First of all, take bath early in the morning on the light festival of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and do 'Nit Name' of Panch Vaani.
- Go to Gurdwara Sahib wearing clean clothes and bow head in reverence.
- See the sadh sangat as guru.
- Listen to Guruvani, Kirtan.
- Listen to the history of the Gurus.
- Listen to Ardas with a sincere heart.
- Serve Sangat and Gurughar.
- Serve in the Guru's langar.
- Give 10 percent of your true income for religious work and service to the poor.
Must follow these 3 things: -
Guru Nanak has asked his disciples to follow three main things for the true Sikh.
- Chant the name of God
- Do true Kirat (earnings).
- Do not harm the poor. (Donate)
What to do at night: -
Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born around 1.40 pm. Hence night Jagran is done for this. For this, do the following: -
- Diwan is decorated again at night, so do Kirtan and Satsang there.
- Join the collective Ardas after birth.
- Celebrate with flowers and fireworks at the time of light (birth) of Guru Maharaj.
- Take Karah-Parshad and congratulate each other.